How to Upload a New File
Things to remember:
- Before uploading your file, make sure the filename doesn't contain any spaces and is short, but descriptive.
- Good filename: michele-train-file
- Bad filename: michele train file 2015
- If possible, don't include dates or times in the filename. Use the "Title" and "Description" fields to include the dates.
- Learn about making your new document accessible.
- Website content owner has identified you as a web content editor to the webteam
- Faculty/Staff Network ID - obtain from Division of Information Technology
How to upload a document to Cascade
- Log in to Cascade.
- Go to your website, if you’re not there.
- Click on the "New" drop-down menu. It is located on the dark blue menu bar across the top of the page.
- Click the mouse on the "File" option.
- This will bring up the "New File" dialog box.
- In the middle of this box, click on the "Browse" button and find your file. Click on the file and select open. OR drag and drop the file into the dashed box.
- Give the document and short title and description, this is optional.
- Notice that the filename of the file has been inserted into the "System Name" field at the top of the dialog box.
- Click "Submit."