Legal Agreements and Lawsuits
Several higher education institutions have dealt with legal issues related to inaccessibility of their websites, and other technologies. The webteam is reviewing these settlements to help determine what issues should be addressed first as we move forward in making our public facing website accessible to everyone.
- University of Cincinnati - complaint filed with Office of Civil Rights (OCR) - Resolved: 2014 - Complaint: Inaccessibility of website
- Youngstown State University - complaint filed with OCR - Resolved: 2014 - Complaint: Inaccessibility of website
- South Carolina Technical College System - complaint filed with OCR - Resolved: 2013 - Complaint: Inaccessibility of websites
- Penn State University - complained filed with OCR - Resolved: 2013 - Complaint - Inaccessibility of websites and course materials
- Law Office of Lainey Feingold, Digital Accessibility Archives
- If you are interested in knowing more visit the Higher Ed Accessibility Lawsuits, Complaints, and Settlements web page.
- Web Accessibility: Required, Not Optional - University Business, Sept 2011