Directions & Maps - Gainesville Campus
From the North
Take GA 365 South to Interstate 985 to Exit 17. At the top of the ramp, stay in the middle lane (go straight). Turn right at the second traffic light onto Mathis Drive.
From the South
Take Interstate 85 North to Interstate 985 to Exit 16. Turn left at the bottom of the ramp and stay in the right lane. Just past the third traffic light, turn right onto Landrum Education Drive.
From 400 North
Take Exit 17. Turn right off exit ramp. Go to second light and turn right onto Browns Bridge Road (GA 369). Follow GA 369 for 12 miles. At light, turn right onto McEver Road (GA 53). Go to third light and turn left onto Mundy Mill Road (GA 53). Follow Mundy Mill Road for about 1.5 miles. Turn left onto Mathis Drive.
From the other campuses:
From Cumming Campus, 20.7 miles, approx. 32 minutes
- Head west on Aquatic Circle toward Pilgrim Mill Road
- Take the 1st right onto Pilgrim Mill Road
- Turn left to merge onto US-19 North. Go 2.5 miles.
- Turn right onto GA-369 East Browns Bridge Road. Go 13.4 miles.
- Turn right onto GA-53 East McEver Road. Go 2.1 miles.
- Turn left onto Mundy Mill Road. Go 1.7 miles.
- Turn left onto Mathis Drive.
From Dahlonega Campus, 28.4 miles, approx. 40 minutes
- Take GA-60 South (South Chestatee Street). Go 20.6 miles
- Go through Gainesville and continue on East Butler Parkway
- Take the ramp onto I-985 South. Go 4.4 miles.
- Take Exit 17 for GA-13 toward Georgia 53/Oakwood/Gainesville/Dawsonville.
- Continue straight for .7 miles
- Slight right onto GA-53 ramp to Oakwood/Dawsonville.
- Turn right onto Mundy Mill Road
- Slight right to stay on Mundy Mill Road
- UNG Gainesville Campus on the right
From Oconee Campus, 41.2 miles, approx. 1 hour 3 minutes
- UNG Oconee campus onto Bishop Farms Parkway to Experiment Station Road/Highway 53
- Turn left onto Experiment Station Road
- Proceed approximately .8 mile to the intersection of Experiment Station Road/Highway 53 and Hog Mountain Road/Highway 53
- Turn left onto Hog Mountain Road/Highway 53
- Proceed approximately 17 miles toward Winder to the intersection of Highway 53 and Atlanta Highway/Highway 29
- Turn left onto Atlanta Highway/Highway 29/Highway 53
- Proceed approximately 2.3 miles on Atlanta Highway/Highway 29/Highway 53 into Winder
- At intersection of Atlanta Highway and Broad Street (at McDonald’s) turn right onto Broad Street/Highway 53/Highway 211
- Proceed straight on Highway 53/Highway 211 through Winder for approximately 1.7 miles
- At Barrow Medical Center (Hospital) Highway 53 forks to left, go left onto Highway 53 toward Oakwood
- Proceed approximately 20 miles on Highway 53 (will cross over I-85 and under I-985) to UNG – Gainesville Campus
- UNG Gainesville campus is on the right just after crossing under I-985
From Blue Ridge Campus, 71.5 miles. 1 hour 29 minutes
- Head northeast on Dunbarton Farm Rd toward Davis Rd
- Dunbarton Farm Rd turns right and becomes Davis Rd
- Turn right onto US-76. Go 13.9 Miles.
- Turn left toward Greenfield Rd
- Continue onto Greenfield Rd
- Turn left onto GA-52 E. Go 17.7 Miles.
- Slight right onto GA-183. Go 2.9 Miles.
- Slight left onto GA-136 E. Go 7 Miles.
- Slight right onto 136 Spur St/Shoal Creek Rd. Go 2.6 Miles
- Turn left onto Tucker Ave
- Turn right onto E 1st St
- Turn left onto Dahlonega St
- Turn right onto GA-53 E. Go 20.8 Miles.
- Turn right onto GA-53 E/McEver Rd. Go 4.3 Miles
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto Mundy Mill Rd. Go 1.7 Miles
- Turn left onto Mathis Dr
- UNG Gainesville Campus will be on the right
- (Google Map & Directions)
All other points
The physical address for UNG's Gainesville campus is 3820 Mundy Mill Road (Highway 53), Oakwood, Georgia 30566, and is easily accessible from I-985 and many secondary roads.