International Student Admission Information:
The University of North Georgia welcomes students from other countries. The presence of international students fosters cultural exchange, which can be beneficial to the student body and the community. International students may apply to any program of study offered at the University of North Georgia.
In addition, here are nine more reasons to study at the University of North Georgia:
9 Reasons to Study at UNG
- The five colleges at UNG offer more than 50 bachelor’s degrees and 13 master’s degree programs.
- UNG is a teaching institution: class size is small and the low faculty-to-student ratio allows students to receive personal attention in and outside the classroom.
- The student population, located on five campuses, is approximately 16,000.
- UNG’s international student population is less than 2 percent, providing an excellent environment for English learners. The total number of Asian students studying at UNG is less than 100.
- The Mike Cottrell College of Business was accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate School of Business, an international group advancing quality management education worldwide. Only 736 institutions in the world hold AACSB accreditation.
- UNG offers a dual bachelor’s degree program in physics and engineering between UNG and the Georgia Institute of Technology, one of the top engineering schools in the U.S.
- UNG provides a seamless transfer to Georgia Tech, the University of Georgia, and other well-known, public universities in Georgia since UNG belongs to the same education system.
- UNG is an excellent stepping-stone for students who want to transfer to a larger American university to pursue graduate or professional studies.
- Compared to other colleges and universities in Georgia and the United States, UNG’s tuition is more affordable. UNG was called the third-most efficient regional university in the South in an exclusive analysis by U.S. News & World Report, a major national publication that compares spending and educational quality.