Nighthawk Emergency Loan Program
- Must be a University of North Georgia (UNG) student, at least 18 years of age
- Must be enrolled in the current semester
- Must not have outstanding financial obligations to the university
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Must demonstrate the ability to repay the loan and administrative fee
- Must have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
Terms and Conditions
- Students may apply for one (1) loan per semester.
- $500 is the maximum level of consideration for fall and spring semesters.
- $150 is the maximum level of consideration for the summer semester.
- The repayment period for any loan may not exceed six months.
- Each SMMC loan is subject to a one-time administration fee of 10% of the principal amount.
- Five to seven business days are required to process a loan from application to disbursement.
- SMMC loans may not be used for current tuition, on-campus housing, prior balances, or study abroad payment.
- A signed loan agreement is required to be on file before disbursement of loan will be authorized.
- Accounts in late status (30 days past the due date) will be assessed a $25 late penalty fee.
- Should a loan become late the applicant is ineligible to apply for another SMMC loan for twelve months beginning from date of payment.
- Accounts in default status (more than 60 days past the due date) may be sent to a collections agency. Should the account be assigned to collections the student's credit will be negatively impacted.
- Transcript and registration blocks will be applied to late and default accounts.