What print allocation funds do I get each semester?
At the beginning of each semester all enrolled students are given a print allocation amount of $10. This will allow printing of up to 500 pages ($0.02 per page).
Does this amount carry over?
No. This amount does not carry over each semester and any unused amount from this allocation will be deducted from your account at the end of each semester.
Duplex printing (2 sided copies) will count as 2 pages, therefore students are charged $0.04 for 2 sided print jobs.
How can I add additional print funds to my account?
Beyond the initial allocation of $10 all students are able to add funds to their print account via the UNG Campus Cash page.
The unused additional funds you add yourself carry over each semester, whereas the unused initial print allocation funds do not.
What if I am missing print account funds?
If your University of North Georgia Nighthawks card has not been issued or was recently re-issued, it is possible that your account will not be credited the appropriate funds at the start of the semester. In this case, please contact the I.T. Service Desk for the funds to be manually added to your account.
How do I request a refund?
Can I print from my laptop? (wireless printing)
Wireless printing is available for current UNG students via the Virtual Lab. After installing the VMware Horizon client:
- Double click on the “Print” icon located on the desktop.
- Select your campus and the printer closest to you.
- Click the Map Printer button and after a few moments the printer will be added.
Access documents stored on your computer in the following ways to print:
- Files stored on in your P: (Personal) Drive by navigating to Start ->Computer -> (P:\)
- Copy and paste links and images from your PC to the virtual environment
- Via connected USB drive to the computer (If the drive does not appear click on the top of the screen. A drop down menu should appear, from which you can click the USB icon, and in the menu that appears select your USB.)