Information Systems Minor
Graduates of any field of study can benefit from a minor in computer information systems. Technology is a growing field and expertise is needed in every industry and organization.
By selecting a minor in computer information systems, you can gain the knowledge and skills required in your major field, as well as establish a firm foundation in technology with classes in computer science, software development, database principles, and more.
Students who elect to minor in computer information systems must complete 2 courses in computer science:
- CSCI 1301 – Computer Science I
- CSCI 1302 – Computer Science II
In addition, students must complete 3 courses (9 semester hours) from the following computer information systems courses:
- CSCI 3300 – Software Development
- CSCI 3400 – Database Principles
- CSCI 3500 – Management Information Systems
- CSCI 4500 – Data Communications