Donate to the Libraries
Welcome to the University of North Georgia Libraries! We serve over 15,000 students and nearly 900 faculty members on all campuses with a wide variety of library services, physical materials, and digital collections. The UNG Libraries exist to support our students and faculty in their pursuit of academic excellence. We hope you will consider donating to help us fulfill this goal. The generosity of our donors enriches collections and helps the library sustain growth.
Gifts of Funds
Gifts at all levels are appreciated, as are bequests and other planned gifts, endowments, and larger contributions. To learn more about making a monetary donation, please contact Deborah Prosser, Dean of Libraries, or Jeff Boggan, Director, Corporate & Foundation Relations.
Gifts of Books
To discuss making a donation of books, please make an appointment with a librarian at your local campus.
- Cumming campus: Rebecca Rose, 470-239-3119
- Dahlonega campus: Joy Bolt, 706-864-1514
- Gainesville campus: Amanda Nash, 678-717-3825
- Oconee campus: Virginia Feher, 706-310-6305
We welcome donations of scholarly books, DVDs, and academic journals that meet the following criteria:
- Up-to-date coverage of scholarly topics
- Relevant to UNG’s academic mission, current programs, and the scope of existing collections
- Clean, well-maintained, and in useable condition
We are also seeking yearbooks, student newspapers, and other items related to Gainesville State College or North Georgia College and State University history.
The UNG Libraries generally cannot accept the following donated materials:
- Publications from vanity presses
- Paperback books
- Popular books, magazines, DVDs, and music CDs
- Vinyl sound recordings
- Commonly available journals or journals in incomplete runs
- Materials that duplicate what is already owned
- Materials in poor condition
Upon receipt of your donation, the UNG Libraries become the sole owner of the materials. We are unable to return any materials that are not added to the collection. A gift acknowledgement letter confirming the number of books donated can be requested at the time the gift is received. In accordance with IRS rulings, the library cannot appraise or attach a monetary value to the gift items. For large or unique collections, donors should obtain a professional appraisal for income tax purposes. Appraisals are the responsibility of the donor and should be completed prior to donating books to the library. The library cannot provide appraisals, but these groups may be able to guide you:
- Georgia Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association
- Antiquarian Booksellers’ Association of America
- American Society of Appraisers
Thank you for considering a donation to the UNG Libraries! Your support is greatly appreciated.