Dual Enrollment - Move on When Ready Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
You can be a high school student, live on campus, and fully participate in the Corps of Cadets. Since you must be a full-time student to be a Cadet, you must take at least 12 credit hours of college courses while you are dual enrolled.
- 17 or older before the start of Cadet basic training (FROG Week)
- You must be in a public or private high school, including home school programs. Students in a non-accredited home school or high school program, must also meet Cadet admissions home school requirements.
- You must present a cumulative grade point average of 3.5 or better in your Required High School Curriculum (RHSC) coursework.
- You must present minimum SAT scores of 970 combined critical reading and math with minimum scores of 480 critical reading and 440 math, or ACT composite of 20 with minimum scores of 20 English and 18 math.
Note: At this time, the University of North Georgia will not superscore current and redesigned SAT test scores due to variation in design and content.
- You must take courses from the approved courses list. If you are an out-of-state student, you should consult with your high school counselor on courses you may take at UNG that will count toward your high school graduation.
- You must enroll in a bachelor degree program on the Dahlonega campus.
- Have a clear disciplinary, conduct and background record.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Applying to UNG
- Step 1 Application and Application Fee
- Step 2 Official Transcripts
- Step 3 Official Entrance Test Scores
- Step 4 Verification of Lawful Presence in the U.S.
- Step 5 Application Review
Ask your high school to send us your official high school transcript, either directly from the high school to us in a sealed envelope, or electronically through GA Futures. If you took any college course, submit an official transcript from each institution you attended, even if you later withdrew. We must receive the transcripts in sealed envelopes directly from the institutions. You may not omit any institution you attended. If you're attending a non-accredited home-school program, you must either submit a High School Summary Form. Submit official SAT and or ACT scores through The College Board or ACT.
Note: SAT or ACT scores indicated on a non-accredited home-school transcript or portfolio will not be accepted as official.
Send documents to:
82 College Circle
Dahlonega, GA 30597