Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Online Consumer Information

Consumer Complaints

The University of North Georgia desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Complaints regarding any aspect of UNG operations should be filed internally to UNG authorities first and then, if necessary, to external authorities. Contact information for filing complaints is given below.

Internal UNG Complaints


Chaudron Gille
Provost and Senior Vice President

Student Affairs

Cumming & Gainesville

Dr. Alyson Paul
Associate Vice President
Student Affairs/Dean of Students


Dr. John M. Delaney
Associate Vice President
Student Affairs/Dean of Students


Dr. Michelle Brown
Assistant Vice President
Student Affairs/Dean of Students

Online Student Success

Online Student Success Advisors & eCampus Liaisons

Merci Rivera

eCore and eMajor Liaison 

Cayse Wilson

eCore and eMajor Liaison
Gainesville and Oconee

Deanna Simonds

eCore Liaison
Blue Ridge, Cumming and Dahlonega

Student Accounts
Ms. Charlotte Wade
Student Ombuds

Dahlonega Campus

Derek Sutton
Academic Advising Coordinator

Gainesville Campus

Emily Cook
Director, Supplemental Instruction

Oconee Campus

Veronica Walker
Lab Coordinator, Life Sciences

External UNG Complaints

University System of Georgia

Any student or employee in the university system aggrieved by a final decision of the president of an institution may apply to the Board’s Office of Legal Affairs (“Legal Affairs”) for a review of the decision, as provided for in the University System of Georgia Board of Regents policy 6.26 Application for Discretionary Review

Consumer complaints, fraudulent activity related to the University System of Georgia, or suggestions to improve ongoing operations may be reported to the USG Internal Audit & Compliance office or by calling 1-877-516-3466.

Office of Legal Affairs
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia
270 Washington Street, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30334
Tel.: 404-962-3255
Fax: 404-962-3264

Instructions for filing a complaint with our regional accreditor, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS): 

Complete the Commission’s Complaint Form and send two print copies to the President, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097. To access the Commission’s complaint policy, procedures, and the Complaint Form, please see Complaint Procedures Against the Commission or Its Accredited Institutions

Please read the document carefully before submitting a complaint. Note that the complaint policy only addresses significant, documented, alleged non-compliance with the SACSCOC accreditation standards, policies or procedures.

Complainants are expected to have attempted to resolve the issue through the institution’s complaint processes before filing a complaint with SACSCOC. The SACSCOC complaint process is not intended to be used to involve the Commission in disputes between individuals and member institutions or to cause the Commission to interpose itself as a reviewing authority in individual matters; nor does the policy allow the Commission to seek redress on an individual’s behalf.

The primary purpose of the SACSCOC complaint procedure is to acquire valuable information regarding an accredited institution’s possible non-compliance with accreditation standards, policies and procedures rather than to resolve individual disputes. 

Complaints must be tied to specific standard numbers from The Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement.

Federal Financial Aid and Other Financial Obligations

Instructions for filing a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education in regard to Title IV (financial aid, civil rights violations or discrimination) can be found in the Student Complaints and Consumer Information by State and Agency document.

Complaint Resolution Contacts by State

UNG desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Students residing outside of the State of Georgia while attending UNG who desire to resolve a grievance should follow the University's Student Grievance Policy.

However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. The state-by-state complaint contact information provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to state education agencies. These regulations are required to provide prospective and current students with contact information for filing complaints with the appropriate agency in the state where the student resides. Please click on your state to be connected to the appropriate contact should you have a complaint about UNG

If you did not find what you are looking for, please visit the university's Student Consumer Information page.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top