Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

HEP Eligibility

HEP will provide financial and academic assistance to students aiming to obtain their GED who meet one of the following qualifications.

  1. Student or his/her parent(s) or guardian(s) must be a participant or have participated in a Migrant Education Program (MEP). Must produce a MEP Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
  2. Student or his/her parent(s) or guardian(s) must have spent a minimum of 75 days during the past 24 months as a migrant or seasonal farm-worker.
  3. Student or his/her parent(s) or guardian(s) must have participated or be eligible to participate in the Employment and Training Administration, National Farm worker Jobs Program (NFJP) or other services and activities established under Section 167 of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).

In Addition

Participants must:

  • Not have a High School diploma or its equivalent
  • Not be currently enrolled in school
  • Demonstrate adequate levels of lecture and comprehension in English or Spanish
  • Demonstrate financial and academic need

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our site may have been taken before social distancing, face coverings and restricted gatherings were required.

Back to Top