Back to Top
Utility Nav Top Nav Content News Nav Site Search
Close Main Menu

UNG associate provost helps Belize colleagues as Fulbright Specialist

Andy Novobilski Fulbright Specialist
Andy Novobilski, associate provost for research and engagement and chief research officer at UNG, is one of two Fulbright Specialists from the university.

A leader from the University of North Georgia (UNG) spent more than two weeks in July as a Fulbright Specialist helping colleagues in Belize develop a 2+2 curriculum for a business degree with a focus on entrepreneurship. It was the first of two trips planned for this year.

Dr. Andy Novobilski, associate provost for research and engagement and UNG’s chief research officer, worked with his colleagues from Galen University, Sacred Heart Junior College, Independence Junior College, and Stann Creek Ecumenical Junior College. Novobilski and education professor Dr. Carly Womack-Wynne are the two current Fulbright Specialists from UNG.

Novobilski is facilitating the design of a program that will allow the four institutions to build a student cohort focused on team-based entrepreneurship. The 2+2 curriculum will allow students to complete their first two years at one of the partner junior colleges, obtain their associate degree, then complete their bachelor's degree at Galen University.

The Fulbright Specialist program “pairs highly qualified U.S. academics and professionals with host institutions abroad to share their expertise … and learn about other cultures while building capacity at their overseas host institutions,” according to its website. It is designed to allow senior administrators to engage in high-impact projects requiring a limited on-site time commitment.

“The intended result of this 2+2 program is to provide students the ability to not only create a business opportunity that they can support themselves with, but one that has the potential for growth and the ability to create additional jobs as well,” Novobilski said.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top