FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The SMMC offers unlimited personal consultations, workshops, seminars, and presentations, as well as online resources.
The personal consultations are confidential sessions between students and SMMC professional. A consultation targets specific needs and creates a personalized action plan for financial success. Students can schedule a consultation anytime or walk-in during office hours (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, 8:30-12:00).
The workshops, seminars, and presentations cover a variety of financial issues affecting college students of any age and life situation. Students can stay informed on personal financial and money management issues by visiting the SMMC website.
- Learn how to wisely spend and save your money throughout your college career
- Increase your knowledge in important financial topics and build your money management skills
- Help you understand how to manage credit and debt
- Gain the skills that will help you be financially successful throughout your life
- Do financial tasks for you
- Make financial decisions for you
- Sell financial products or services during sessions
What should I bring to my Money Management Advising session?
You can bring anything that you think will help us help you. This could include:
- Bank account statements
- Credit card statements
- Loan information
- A list of your expenses and income