Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Chemical Engineering Dual Degree (B.S.)

The Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry offers a dual degree program which allows students to begin their studies at UNG and after completing a specified 90-credit-hour curriculum, transfer to an engineering college where they complete a degree in engineering. While at UNG, students take foundational and upper division courses in mathematics in addition to core curriculum courses. When the engineering degree is completed, the students receive a second bachelor’s degree from UNG. Engineering schools are the following universities are participants:

  • The Georgia Institute of Technology
  • Kennesaw State University
  • Georgia Southern University
  • University of Georgia
  • Clemson University
  • Mercer University

What can you do with a career in chemistry/engineering?

Students graduating from UNG with a B.S. with a major in chemistry and a bachelor’s degree in engineering from the Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia Southern University, Kennesaw State University, Clemson University, or the University of Georgia go on to pursue careers in many different fields including chemical industry, manufacturing, aerospace, nuclear power, nuclear medicine, and many other fields. The specific career field will strongly depend on the type of engineering degree obtained. Available engineering degrees include aerospace engineering, biomedical engineering, chemical engineering, civil engineering, environmental engineering, electrical engineering, computer engineering, industrial & systems engineering, materials science engineering, mechanical engineering, and nuclear & radiological engineering. Graduates of the dual degree program go on to work in private industry; local, state, or federal agencies; or pursue advanced degrees from professional or graduate schools. 

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top