We are educating agile, adaptive, and innovative leaders of character who are able to operate across multiple domains and succeed in a complex world.
We continuously assess the leadership education and competencies required for our Cadet graduates in demand by the U.S. Army, federal agencies, and multinational corporations. We then facilitate or develop the educational programs for Cadets that serve to satisfy those needs. These programs are available to Cadets as well as other undergraduate students at the University of North Georgia (UNG).
We leverage the Corps of Cadets legacy of excellence and international reputation to provide opportunities that will benefit all students, and establish UNG as the university of choice for students interested in pursuing military or international career paths.
Our Cadets build highly competitive resumes for careers in the Army, government, and global corporations: our graduates contribute significantly to U.S. national security.
The Institute has the following functions:
- Coordinate and direct activities of the Commandant of Cadets, Professor of Military Science, Cadet Admissions, and the Corps Development Officer.
- Develop new external support to fund Cadet scholarships and university initiatives.
- Enhance Cadet recruitment.
- Provide Cadets with internships and two career pathways: (1) Commissioning, (2) Global Leadership.
- Collaborate with Academic Affairs to incubate programs related to leadership and security & strategic studies.
- Coordinate research related to leadership, leadership development, and strategic studies.
- Enhance leadership development opportunities for faculty and staff.