Recreational Sports at UNG
Our mission is to promote a culture of involvement in lifelong recreational sports. Student needs at all UNG campuses are served through a variety of programs. This mission is accomplished by meeting the following goals:
- Provide sports in a safe environment
- Create a setting that fosters community, forms lasting memories, and instills a sense of belonging
- Promote physical fitness, healthy habits, and balanced behaviors
- Improve the overall social, mental, and physical well-being of participants
- Develop meaningful life skills, encourage personal achievement, and develop involved, responsible citizens
- Complement the academic and leadership objectives of the University of North Georgia
Our Commitment to Diversity
The University of North Georgia prepares students to lead in a diverse and global society. Essential to this mission is an environment that is welcoming, respectful, and inclusive of individuals and groups from a range of social, economic, and cultural backgrounds to create an environment that embraces varied perspectives, values, and unique experiences.
In accordance with the missions of the University of North Georgia, the Division of Student Affairs & Enrollment Management, and NIRSA: Leaders in Collegiate Recreation®, the Department of Recreational Sports at UNG is committed to promoting understanding and appreciation for all individuals and groups participating in our activities. Furthermore, we strive to recruit and retain high-caliber and diverse professional staff and student-workers in an effort to develop employee cultural competencies and build skills to ensure an inclusive learning and work environment that is safe for all. Finally, the Department of Recreational Sports seeks to foster a climate where equity and equality are valued and supported.