Office of the Dean of Students
The Office of the Dean of Students supports students in their academic and life endeavors and is responsible for educating students about the rights and responsibilities of membership in an academic community, and in doing so, help students prepare to be ethical and engaged citizens.
The Office of the Dean of Students is also a place students can go if they need assistance and are not sure where or how to obtain resources or answers to their questions.
Meet the Dean of Students:
The Office of the Dean of Students reports to the Vice President of Student Affairs. Other tasks of the Dean of Students include:
- Focus on initiatives that support the development of the whole student
- Oversee Student Code of Conduct processes and education
- Respond to general student issues and concerns and advocate for students
(help students navigate the university)
- Coordinate assessment for the Division of Student Affairs
- Assist with response to student emergencies or concerns (BIT Team)
- Coordinate Student Health Insurance program