Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

3.4.7 Transient Permission

Current University of North Georgia students may request to complete certain courses at another institution as a transient student. A Transient Permission Request form must be submitted in Banner Web prior to the term in which the student would like take these courses. Permission is not granted to students who have outstanding Learning Support or ESL requirements, or to students who have been granted academic renewal, or to students who are on academic suspension.

Students who do not request (and receive) transient permission to attend another institution or who do not take the requested/approved courses risk not having their work transferred back to UNG.

The Transient Permission Request for undergraduate students is available in Banner Web. Graduate students should contact the Office of Graduate Studies for more information.

After the student submits the electronic request, the Registrar's office will send a letter confirming the student’s transient eligibility to the transient institution. The student must apply for transient admission to that institution. At the close of the transient term, students must request an official transcript of their coursework at the transient institution be sent to the University of North Georgia.

Revised 03/10/2014

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our site may have been taken before social distancing, face coverings and restricted gatherings were required.

Back to Top