Apply to UNG Honors
Current UNG students and transfer students may apply at any time, but applying prior to registration for the following semester is advisable.
Please read the entire application first so that you can collect and prepare all the information you need to provide.
Bachelor’s degree applicants who are accepted into the Honors Program on the Dahlonega Campus will be automatically considered for the Choate Family Presidential Scholarship and the William P. Roberts Presidential Scholarship.
Associate degree applicants accepted to the Honors Program at Gainesville or Oconee campuses will be considered for the Alexander Brevard Russell Scholarship.
- For first-semester freshmen, the minimum high school GPA is 3.5, and the minimum SAT score is 1200 (New score: Evidence-Based Reading and Writing + Math). If the student has taken the ACT, we look for a score of at least 25. Some exceptions apply.
- Current college students who have a college GPA of at least 3.2 are eligible to apply.
- Qualified Move On When Ready/Dual Enrollment students are welcome to take Honors courses, just as they would any other course at UNG, even if they do not plan on completing the program.
- Priority registration
- On average, Honors students have higher GPAs than eligible students who do not participate
- Small class sizes (12-18 students)
- More rigorous development of critical thinking and independent study skills
- Access to faculty and peer research mentors
- Guidance in preparing applications for scholarships and graduate school
- Opportunities to present at state and regional Honors conferences
- Diploma and transcript designation
- Study abroad scholarship opportunities
- Enhanced opportunities for the job market and graduate/professional school
- Engage in social, cultural and recreational activities with peers
For high school applicants, deadlines for Fall 2018 admission depend on the campus you plan to attend:
|Campus||High School Applicant|
early application deadline
|High School Applicant|
|Dahlonega||January 20, 2018||March 1, 2018|