Office of Student Involvement Missions Statement
As a unit of the Division of Student Affairs, the Office of Student Involvement believes that campus student engagement is integral to one’s university experience. Student Involvement offers a variety of programs, services, facilities, and cocurricular experiences that enhance students’ academic and personal development. We strive to help every student develop their connection to the university. Our work, carried out on each campus, supports the university’s mission to develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. The following statements describe the beliefs and goals that form the philosophical foundation of the Office of Student Involvement:
- Educate and develop the total student.
- Increase student appreciation and knowledge of different cultures, races, values, and ways of life.
- Encourage free and open exchange of ideas in a context of mutual respect.
- Encourage and promote leadership, volunteering and community service as an important component of citizenship in any community.
- Provide clean, safe, up to date, and enjoyable student spaces.
- Promote the development of healthy habits and lifetime wellness.
- Develop meaningful life skills, encourage personal achievement, and develop involved and responsible citizens