The Center for Language Education (CLE) at the University of North Georgia (UNG) offers an Intensive English Program (IEP) that improves English for international students seeking admission to UNG or study in another American university.
CLEs Intensive English Program is a residential, full-time English language immersion course which provides English language learners high quality instruction and opportunities to improve and perfect English language proficiency. The Intensive English program will develop learners’ competency and confidence communicating in English. It is a 16-week program for the fall and spring semesters. English classes will meet Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to noon and resume after lunch from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
What is special about the CLE program as compared to other English language programs?
CLE provides students the opportunity to:
- Live in a modern campus dormitory and walk to all school facilities. UNG offers international students a safe location to study, a small American town to enjoy life, a friendly campus to meet American students, and beautiful natural scenery to enjoy the outdoors;
- Study in a small size class. The CLE classes do not exceed twelve students and provide individual attention for students studying English;
- Have opportunities to observe undergraduate classes to gain first-hand experience of a university classroom education while studying in the CLE;
- Enjoy a unique language environment – the international student population of UNG is less than 2%, so it provides you so many opportunities to speak English and make American friends;
- Take field trips to some of Georgia’s most important historic and cultural sites in Atlanta and surrounding areas to enrich your knowledge of American history and culture;
- Meet American language partners to practice English and make friends. You may also choose to live with an American roommate to learn about American culture.
- Leads you to a pathway for admission into undergraduate studies at UNG – no TOEFL will be required for undergraduate admission to UNG after successfully completing the advanced Intensive English program class in CLE.