How do I...?
How do I find a book?
Can I renew an item I already have checked out?
In most cases library books and media can be renewed up to two times through your GIL Account. However, if an item is already overdue, you won't be able to renew it.
Library technology and leisure DVDs are not renewable.
What does "on reserve" mean?
Do you have a copy of my textbook?
How do I find a peer-reviewed article?
How long does a book that I've requested from another campus take to arrive?
Usually, it takes 3-5 business days for books you've requested to arrive at the pickup location. This is only an estimate, though, because delivery time can vary based on many factors.
How do I request materials from other UNG libraries
University of North Georgia students, faculty, and staff may request books and DVDs in the GIL-Find catalog from other UNG libraries. If an item is at another UNG campus library:
- Click on the title of the item you want in the GIL-Find catalog.
- Click on Place Request (toward the bottom of the page).
- Enter your 900 number (found on your Nighthawks ID card), last name, and PIN (How to get your library account PIN).
- Select the campus to which you want the item delivered and click on Submit Request (toward the bottom of the page).
- If your request is successful, you will see a green confirmation box.
- Requested items are delivered by courier usually within 2-3 business days of the request.
- You will receive a notification in your UNG email account when the requested item arrives.
What can be requested?
- Requests may be placed only on items that are currently unavailable, or that are located on another campus.
- Reference books, rare books, items in the UNG Special Collections and Archives, some DVDs, and other resources that do not circulate cannot be requested.
If you have problems placing an intercampus request, please contact our Access Services.
How do I get the GALILEO password?
What print allocation funds do I get each semester?
At the beginning of each semester all enrolled students are given a print allocation amount of $10. This will allow printing of up to 500 pages ($0.02 per page).
Does this amount carry over?
No. This amount does not carry over each semester and any unused amount from this allocation will be deducted from your account at the end of each semester.
Duplex printing (2 sided copies) will count as 2 pages, therefore students are charged $0.04 for 2 sided print jobs.
How can I add additional print funds to my account?
Beyond the initial allocation of $10 all students are able to add funds to their print account via the UNG Campus Cash page.
The unused additional funds you add yourself carry over each semester, whereas the unused initial print allocation funds do not.
What if I am missing print account funds?
If your University of North Georgia Nighthawks card has not been issued or was recently re-issued, it is possible that your account will not be credited the appropriate funds at the start of the semester. In this case, please contact the I.T. Service Desk for the funds to be manually added to your account.
How do I request a refund?
Can I print from my laptop? (wireless printing)
Wireless printing is available for current UNG students via the Virtual Lab. After installing the VMware Horizon client:
- Double click on the “Print” icon located on the desktop.
- Select your campus and the printer closest to you.
- Click the Map Printer button and after a few moments the printer will be added.
Access documents stored on your computer in the following ways to print:
- Files stored on in your P: (Personal) Drive by navigating to Start ->Computer -> (P:\)
- Copy and paste links and images from your PC to the virtual environment
- Via connected USB drive to the computer (If the drive does not appear click on the top of the screen. A drop down menu should appear, from which you can click the USB icon, and in the menu that appears select your USB.)
I lost something I checked out from the library. Can I buy another copy of it for the library instead of paying the official replacement cost?
The library cannot accept duplicate items as replacements for lost items. Replacement costs reimburse the funds spent on that item, and may be used to replace the lost item with an updated version.
I'm a visitor. Can I check out a book?
I'm a visitor. Can I use your computers?
What should I do if I have a technical problem?
What kind of technology equipment can I borrow from the UNG libraries?
Can I buy a scantron at the library?
Can I borrow a calculator?
I forgot to return technology equipment (laptop, iPad, etc.) on time. What is the late fee?
When technology equipment is three days overdue, we apply a $35 overdue fine to your account for each overdue item. This overdue fine is not refundable, even if you return the item later.
Your account is also charged a $35 lost item processing fee and the replacement cost of the item. These fees are removed from your account if the item is returned.
How do I get to the library?
Where can I park?
How do I reserve a study room?
We currently don't offer study rooms by reservation. If you're at a UNG Libraries location that has study rooms, they're available on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups have preference on the use of study rooms.