UNG Card Terms & Conditions
PLEASE NOTE: Services may vary depending on your campus location.
Terms of Agreement
Taken from the Nighthawks Card Agreement signed at the time your Nighthawks Card was issued:
This card is your official Campus ID and must be presented to any school representative upon request. There is a $25.00 replacement fee. The cardholder agrees to abide by all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as specified by UNG and Card Services (a complete listing is available on our website). The Nighthawks photo may be used for official campus roster photos or other institutional identification purposes. Future changes to the Terms and Conditions by UNG will apply to all cards in circulation and in use at that time and will supersede the Terms and Conditions in effect at the time the card was acquired and activated.
I understand that my Nighthawks Card is for my use only and cannot be loaned to anyone for any purpose. Failure to abide by this policy may result in disciplinary action by the Dean of Students.
Use of the UNG Card
- The UNG Card is your identification for the university. The UNG Card is the property of the University of North Georgia (UNG), is issued to the cardholder only, and is non-transferable. In order to obtain a UNG Card, you must provide a valid state or federal photo ID.
- Use of the UNG Card may be revoked at the university’s sole discretion for violation of university policies and procedures. Faculty and staff must relinquish the card upon separation from the university. Access privileges of the UNG Card will be deactivated when student, faculty or staff status is terminated.
- The UNG Card must be presented upon request at the time of use to obtain services or to establish official university status.
- The UNG Card is to be used only by the person to whom it is issued. Only the cardholder can present the UNG Card for debit and other privileges. The UNG Card will be confiscated if presented by someone other than the cardholder.
- Additional identification or signature may be required for certain purposes.
- Except as provided below, you are responsible for the usage of your card.
Campus Cash Account
- The Campus Cash account is an optional account of pre-deposited funds accessed by the cardholder for products and services on and off campus. Funds can only be withdrawn from the card upon withdrawal from the university or upon graduation. (See Closing Account/Issuing Refunds of Account Balance).
- Cardholder’s Campus Cash account will be activated automatically upon receipt of initial deposit.
- In the event a cardholder’s deposit check is returned due to insufficient funds:
- $15.00 service fee up to $300.00. Any amount over $300.00 will be charged 5 % of the check. The fee will be assessed by the university’s Bursar Office and the cardholder’s Campus Cash account and remaining funds will be suspended until the amount of the returned check and the service fee have been paid. UNG Card Services complies with the university’s returned check policy.
- Pre-deposited funds shall be applied toward amounts debited from your Campus Cash account for goods and services obtained at points of sale. There is no daily limit to the number or amounts of purchases, provided funds are available on your Campus Cash account. The cardholder understands and agrees that the Campus Cash account is not a credit card, nor can it be used to obtain cash from the account under any circumstances.
- If the cardholder’s Campus Cash account balances go below zero as a result of a system problem or one of its readers being offline, the cardholder remains responsible for re-payment of any negative balance.
- In the event of a negative balance, the cardholder will be contacted in writing either by mail or by email stating the negative balance amount and other pertinent information. A statement showing the transaction(s) and location(s) will be provided upon request. All negative balances must be reconciled at UNG Card Services. A hold will be placed on the student’s account until balance is paid in full.
- Merchandise purchased with the UNG Card will be accepted for return according to the refund policy in force where the products and/or services were purchased. If the return meets the unit’s return policies, a credit will be issued to the cardholder’s Campus Cash account. Cash refunds will not be made for returned merchandise that was purchased with the Campus Cash funds, except for textbooks being sold back to the university’s bookstore during Book Buy Back (during the days of final exams).
- No interest shall be paid on any balance in the Campus Cash account.
- The cardholder understands and agrees that the Campus Cash account shall not be used as a credit card or to obtain cash advances.
- The cardholder understands and agrees that the Campus Cash account is nontransferable.
- We sell faculty, staff, departmental and student Block Meal Plans.
- Faculty/staff meal plans run from August 1 through July 31.
- Refunds of Block Meal Plans are only refunded if the student has purchased a Block Meal Plan and withdrawn from the university or if the student has changed status from non-resident to resident student. Students who change status will be required to have one of the three required meal plans and are invoiced on the students account. Any unused meals and Dining Dollars will be refunded to the student. A Student Vendor Form and a check request is completed and sent to Accounts Payable for processing. Allow up to 10 days for processing.
Responsibilities of the Cardholder in regards to Money Network Discover Prepaid Card
- Please see UNG Card Services for a copy of the Money Network Terms and Conditions or log in to your www.moneynetworkedu.com account.
Responsibilities of the Cardholder in regards to Campus Cash:
- The Campus Cash account on the UNG Card is optional. The cardholder will activate the Campus Cash account upon initial deposit. Activation of the Campus Cash account signifies agreement with these Terms and Conditions.
- Deposits must be made by credit, cash or check. Credit card deposits may be made in-person, by mail or online. There is no limit on the frequency of credit cards, cash, or check deposits.
- Funds are immediately available after deposits.
- Positive balances that remain in the Campus Cash account for faculty, staff and student cardholders will not expire.
- There is no fee for using your Campus Cash account.
- Upon leaving or graduating from the university you may request a refund. (See Closing Accounts/Issuing Refunds.)
- There will be no cash withdrawals from Campus Cash accounts.
- Receipts will be available for goods or services purchased with Campus Cash at attended point-of-sale locations and for deposits made in person.
- The Campus Cash account program reserves the right to make appropriate adjustments or corrections to the amounts assigned to each card. Any adjustments or corrections will be fully disclosed in your transaction summary.
- It is the responsibility of the cardholder to keep track of spending in the Campus Cash account program. If attempts are made to use this account when there are not enough funds, the transaction will not be approved.
- If any of the cardholder’s account balances goes below zero as a result of a system problem or one of its readers being offline, the cardholder remains responsible for re-payment of any negative balance. In the event of a negative balance, the cardholder will be contacted in writing either by mail or by email stating the negative balance amount and other pertinent information. A statement showing the transaction(s) and location(s) will be provided upon request. All negative balances must be reconciled at UNG Card Services.
- A hold will be placed on the student’s account until the balance is paid in full.
- You may request a receipt at the time of purchase. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure the receipt is correct.
- Transaction statements can be generated upon request of the cardholder. These statements will be generated at UNG Card Services or online.
Lost, Stolen and Replacement Cards:
If your card is lost or stolen, cardholders need to deactivate the card online. If later you reactivate your card online, you must contact Card Services to regain building access. However, they will need to come by UNG Card Services for a replacement card.
A lost or stolen card can be reported as follows:
STEP 1: To deactivate your card online, go the Card Services webpage at www.ung.edu/card-office, select Deactivate Card, login using your network user name and password. Select the Card Services tab at the top of the page, then select deactivate card. You may contact your UNG Card Services during normal business hours for replacement cards.
STEP 2: Call 1-800-822-4283 and report your card lost/stolen if you have activated the Money Network Discover account on your card or visit the Card Services location on your campus immediately to get your card replaced. When calling the 1-800 number, if the card is not present, choose option 2 after selecting the language preference; then press the “*” key to be transferred to a representative.
Replacement card fee is $25.00.
Once a new card is issued, prior cards cannot be re-activated.
Replacing Damaged Cards
No charge will be imposed for the replacement of a card that ceases to function through normal, daily usage. Characteristics not indicating normal usage are broken edges or corners, non-authorized hole punches, and vertical breakage/cracking.
A charge will be imposed for the replacement of a Card not indicating normal usage.
Closing Campus Cash Account/Issuing Refunds of Account Balance:
- Refunds are only issued in the event of withdrawal, termination or graduation from the university. Refunds will be issued by check from the university’s Business Office after ten (10) business days of the request.
- If you are eligible for a refund, please download and submit the Refund Request Form and the Student Vendor Authorization Form along with proof of withdrawal or graduation to UNG Card Services.
- Card Services reserves the right to close accounts that have been inactive or 12 months. Balances of these closed accounts will be deposited into an escheatment account. Once funds are escheated, the Business Office will return funds in accordance with the State of Georgia Unclaimed Property Policy.
- Disclosure of account information to third parties. Information about the cardholder’s account will be disclosed to third parties only for the following reason: (1) in order to complete a transaction; (2) to comply with a court order or applicable laws; (3) In conjunction with all other cardholder accounts in the aggregate but not specific in regard to any individual’s account.
- Cardholder photos may be used for on-campus identification purposes such as class rosters or Public Safety needs. Photos will be shared with non-Nniversity of North Georgia entities only: (1) to comply with a court order or applicable laws; (2) If the cardholder gives the UNG Card Services written permission.
- If there is an error on a receipt or activity statement, or if the cardholder would like more information about a specific transaction, UNG Card Services may be contacted by telephone or by mail within sixty (60) days of noticing the error. In the event of verbal notifications, UNG Card Services may require that the cardholder submit a written notification within ten (10) business days.
- When making a request for an adjustment to the account, the cardholder must furnish the following information: (1) The cardholder’s name and account number; (2) a description of the transaction in question and explanation of the discrepancy; and (3) the dollar amount of the transaction in question.
- UNG Card Services will investigate the cardholder’s request and provide written decision to the cardholder within ten (10) business days. If an error is found, UNG Card Services will make the necessary adjustments to the cardholder’s account. If no error is found, UNG Card Services will provide the cardholder with a written explanation within three (3) business day of the conclusion of the investigation. The cardholder may request copies of the document(s) used to conduct the investigation.
Receipts and Statements:
- You may request a receipt at the time of purchase. It is the cardholder’s responsibility to ensure the receipt is correct. Transaction statements can be generated upon request of the cardholder. These statements will be generated in UNG Card Services or online. Any cardholder may access their account to view or print at any time through UNG Card Services web site.
Changes in Terms and Conditions:
- Future changes to the terms and conditions by UNG will apply to all cards in circulation and in use at that time and will supersede the terms and conditions in effect at the time the card was acquitted and activated.
- These terms and conditions are effective immediately and shall remain in force until written notification is received. The University of North Georgia will provide written notice via email at least thirty (30) days before effective date of a change that might cause increased fees, charges or liabilities for the cardholder. Prior notice need not be given where an immediate change in an item and/or condition is necessary to maintain or restore security of the system or its accounts.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia.
- Only the latest card is valid. Access to university facilities may be denied if your account is frozen by the university for administrative reasons, your account is deactivated, or if your card’s magnetic stripe is damaged and will not scan.
- UNG is not liable for any charges made for lost or stolen cards that are not reported in accordance with this policy.
- UNG accepts no liability for excessive charges or less than satisfactory services provided by purveyors using the UNG Card system.