Back to Top
Utility Nav Top Nav Content Left Nav Site Search Site Search
Close Main Menu

Undergraduate Admissions

We want to help you achieve your educational goals

No matter your goals, UNG's expansive mix of majors and campuses give you a pathway to get there. Nationally recognized for academic excellence and affordability, UNG is one of the country's best values in public universities.

Through practical and powerful educational opportunities, learning thrives and students are equipped for growing and competitive careers. Further, our faculty and staff are dedicated mentors who will bring your potential front and center to prepare you to lead in a diverse and global society.

Want to be a Cadet?

Go to the Cadet Admissions website.
Why UNG?

We consistently earn national recognition for providing a high quality, affordable education. We are committed to your success and leadership development.

see more reasons

Ranked 16th
among public regional universities in the South in the 2016 edition of Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report
No. 1
on Kiplinger's 100 best value list for lowest student debt at graduation, 2013
Over 50
Bachelor's degrees

Oconee Campus Has Met Capacity for Fall, 2016

Due to capacity, we are no longer taking applications for the Oconee campus for the fall, 2016 semester. If you are a beginning freshman, please consider applying to our Blue Ridge, Cumming or Gainesville campus. All other student types may continue applying to any of UNG's other campuses. Please note that it is possible to reach capacity before the deadline, so completing your application earlier is better.
Get Started Here -- Choose Your Student Type ...
High School Graduating Senior

You are a graduating senior in an accredited high school or home school program, or have graduated less than 5 years ago, and have not attended college after high school graduation.

Home School or Unaccredited High School Graduating Senior
You are graduating from an unaccredited home-school program, or  unaccredited high school,are earning a GED or graduated from one of these programs less than 5 years ago, and have not attended college after high school graduation.

You attended college after you graduated high school. This includes students who were enrolled at UNG; have not been in attendance for three or more consecutive semesters, (including summer); and who attended another college during their absence from UNG.

You are not a United States citizen, have not been granted resident alien status, and are seeking an F1 or J1 visa to attend college in the United States.

You graduated from high school five or more years ago, hold a high school diploma or GED, and have earned less than 30 transferable semester hours of college credit.

You are a high school or home school student and want to enhance your high school curriculum by earning college credit prior to your high school graduation .

You attended UNG in the past, and you have been away for three or more consecutive semesters (including summer). If you have been away for one or two consecutive semesters, register for courses as you would if you had been in attendance last semester, no need to reapply.


You are enrolled in another college or university and seek temporary admission to UNG.  You must re-apply for admission each semester.

Other Students

You want to enroll as a  non-degree seeking student, post associate or bachelor's non-degree seeking student, or Georgia resident 62 or older student.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.

Back to Top