Graduation Application & Policies
Spring 2017 Commencement
- Spring 2017 Commencement information
- Complete the online application for graduation [login required] by February 15, 2017.
- A plan of study must be on file in the Registrar’s Office before this application will be processed. Any candidate not planning to participate in the commencement ceremony should so indicate on the application for graduation. Please direct questions to the Registrar’s Office, Dahlonega Campus (706) 864-1760 or Gainesville Campus (678) 717-3644. Once your application is accepted the graduation fee of $45.00 will be added to your UNG account. This fee must be paid by February 15, 2017. You may pay this fee online through your Banner account or bring payment to one of the following locations:
- Dahlonega Campus - Downtown Office Building, Bursars Office, Room 203
- Gainesville Campus - Administration Building, Business Affairs Office (cash or check only)
- Oconee Campus - Administration Building, Front Desk (cash or check only)
- Cumming Campus - Cumming Campus, Room 260
PLEASE NOTE: Your plan of study, your application for graduation and your graduation fee must be submitted by the deadline to ensure tickets for graduation.
Eligibility for the Degree
- Degree Requirements - Each student must complete the requirements for his/her program of study in order to be eligible to receive a degree. Furthermore each student must be enrolled in all courses in the term of his/her graduation to earn his/her degree and to attend the commencement ceremony.
- Degree Completion - Progress toward completion of the degree is tracked initially by the department in which the student’s major is housed and ultimately by the Registrar’s office, which certifies the student’s completion of degree requirements.
- Application for Graduation - Each degree candidate must submit an application for graduation and pay the graduation fee no later than the deadline published by the Registrar’s Office. The deadline for the submission of the application for graduation and payment of the fee is listed on the Academic Calendar for the semester in which the student is eligible to graduate. Students who submit applications or fees after the deadline will be assessed a $100 late fee.
- Awarding the Degree - The degree will be automatically awarded at the end of the term in which the student completes the degree requirements as outlined in the program of study on file in the Registrar’s Office.
Completing Degree Requirements
- Re-admitted students - Students re-admitted to the University must matriculate under the catalog in effect at the point of their re-enrollment and complete the current requirements outlined for their major in that catalog.
- IP/I Grades – In order to receive the degree, grades of IP (in progress) or I (incomplete) grades must be changed to a grade that satisfies the degree requirements for the student’s major no later than the grade submission deadline for the term in which the student is awarded the degree.
- Credit by examination – Official documentation of a passing score for any credit by examination process (departmental examinations for course credit, CLEP, DANTES, etc.) must be on file in the Registrar’s Office no later than the grade submission deadline for the term in which the student is awarded the degree.
- Course Restrictions/Limitations – The University does not limit the age of coursework used to meet the requirements of the Core Curriculum. However, certain majors have more restrictive requirements for coursework in the major. These restrictions are listed in the degree requirements for the major in the Undergraduate Catalog and the Graduate Catalog.
Students who have questions about graduation eligibility should contact the Registrar’s Office Dahlonega Campus (706) 864-1760 or Gainesville Campus (678) 717-3644. See more contact options for the Registrar's Office.