Transient Student Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
These requirements and instructions apply if you are enrolled at another accredited college or university, and you wish to temporarily enroll at UNG for a semester with the intent to return to your previous institution. You may not enroll in learning support courses as a transient student.
- You must be eligible to re-enroll with your home institution.
- Your home institution must be regionally accredited.
Selecting a Campus Location
Not all courses are offered on all campuses. You must ensure that the course/s you intend to take are offered on your intended campus. To do this, check the online class schedule.
We must have your application for admission and all supporting documents prior to the deadline by close of business. Note that it is possible for us to reach capacity before the deadline, so completing your application earlier is better. Applications and documents received after the posted deadline may still be considered if capacity has not yet been met, however, we will immediately stop accepting students when capacity is met.
- Spring semester (begins in January): November 1
- Summer semester (begins in May or June): April 1
- Fall semester (begins in August): Preferred deadline is May 1. Final deadline is July 1.
- Honors Program application: Early consideration for bachelor's students: Jan 31. Final deadline for all: March 30
- Please Note! There is a possibility that we will meet enrollment capacity before the specified deadline or before you register for classes. Therefore, please do not sign a lease for off-campus housing until you have registered for classes.
Applying to UNG
- Step 1 Application and Application Fee
- Step 2 Official Documentation
- Step 3 Verification of Lawful Presence in the U.S.
- Step 4 Application Review
Mail Documents for associate or bachelor's degree to:
University of North Georgia
Admissions Imaging Center
PO Box 1358
Gainesville, GA 30503-1358