Advising Tips for Special Circumstances & Graduation Requirements
- Please note that grades of C or higher are required for all GISC and ENVE courses and all courses used as Directed Electives of the focus area. Students may repeat courses as needed to meet this objective.
- Students enrolled in the B.S. ESA, should take these courses in core areas or as electives: GISC 2011/L, ENST 2030 and MATH 2400 or MATH 3350. These courses are pre-requisites for many of the upper-level courses in the program.
- For engineering majors who decide to change majors to the B.S. ESA with any focus, ENGR 1101 may substitute for ENVE 1103 and ENGR 1770 may substitute for ENVE 2771K. Students should meet with the Director of the Institute for Environmental Spatial Analysis (IESA) to seek approval for any course substitutions.
- All students completing any of the degree or certificate programs offered by the Institute for Environmental Spatial Analysis (IESA) must fulfill all UNG policies and graduation requirements.
- Students that have previously completed a bachelor’s degree or higher should meet with the Director of the Institute for Environmental Spatial Analysis (IESA) to discuss the academic requirements for completing the ESA degree program.
- Students with a B.S. degree or higher may possibly apply courses taken at another institution but not offered by UNG. Some of these courses may be substituted for courses in one of the focus areas. These substitutions must be approved by the academic advisor and the IESA Director.
Associate of Science in Core Curriculum with pathway in Geography
Associate of Science in Core Curriculum with pathway in Geology
Associate of Science in Core Curriculum with pathway in Environmental Health
Earth Science Certificate
Environmental Science Certificate
Environmental Studies Certificate
Fundamentals of Geospatial Technology Certificate
Geographic Information Science Certificate
Space Studies Certificate
Do you need help planning your schedule or picking a pathway?