Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

How to Get Involved

The Center for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities loves to see students engaged and pursuing their academic excellence through scholarship. If you are new to undergraduate research or creative activities here are some things to do and consider:

1. Reach out to CURCA

Speak with a CURCA representative or CURCA Ambassador by contacting our office! We can guide and assist you!

2. Consider your research interests and gather information about your faculty

Check out your departments webpage for Faculty information. Reach out to your faculty that you have taken classes with about the research they are doing and check out their hallways-many departments list their faculty and interests. Use resources like our Libraries, Journal Articles, and the Annual Research Conference Page to see what types of research are being presented in your areas of interest.

3. Contacting your faculty

You can initiate contact with faculty that you have identified. Talk to them! Visit them during their office hours or send an email indicating your interest and enthusiasm as well as the relevant coursework/training you have if possible. Be sure to clarify the project you are interested in with your faculty. We can help you construct that initial email, but don’t overthink it. Be courteous, formal, and respectful in your initial contact with your faculty.

4. Make a time commitment and know your limits

Be aware of your commitments (school, work, family life) so you can realistically determine the amount of time you can commit to your scholarship activities. Understand that you may need to be flexible to fit research and other creative activities into your schedule. Be open and honest with yourself and your faculty about your ability to commit.

5. Get certified (if applicable)

If you are interested in conducting research that involves human subjects familiarize yourself with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and the CITI training necessary to be certified to conduct research on campus. You can complete the CITI certification training on your own, or your Faculty member may have you complete it when you join their team.

6. Contact us

Contact us with questions about any of these programs or for more information about how to get involved in undergraduate research.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our site may have been taken before social distancing, face coverings and restricted gatherings were required.

Back to Top