Call for Applications for UNG Nominee to USG SoTL Fellows Program
Application Deadline: Monday, October 3, 2016
The University of North Georgia (UNG) is accepting self-nominations to be the UNG applicant for the University System of Georgia’s SoTL Fellows Program. See steps to apply below.
2017-2018 USG SoTL Fellows Information
All projects this year will have a LEAP focus. Virtually all SoTL research questions fit within the broad parameters of LEAP. If you are interested in applying, see the Essential Learning Outcomes.
- Knowledge of Human Cultures and the Physical and Nature World
- Intellectual and Practical Skills
- Personal and Social Responsibility
- Integrative and Applied Learning
LEAP's Principles of Excellence are "intended to influence practice across the disciplines as well as in general education programs.":
- Aim High and Make Excellence Inclusive
- Give Students a Compass
- Teach the Arts of Inquiry and Innovation
- Engage the Big Questions
- Connect Knowledge with Choices and Action
- Foster Civic, Intercultural, and Ethical Learning
- Assess Students' Ability to Apply Learning to Complex Problems
See the USG SoTL Fellows Program site for further details and requirements of this fellowship.
UNG Nomination Process
If you apply to be the UNG nominee, be aware that this institute is ideally suited for scholars who are familiar with but not extensively experienced in SoTL research. Please email Mary Carney at email@example.com with the following:
- College and Department
- Phone number where you can be reached
- Letter of interest that includes:
- Explain why you are interested in becoming a USG SoTL Fellow.
- Describe your previous SoTL experience (i.e. SoTL training, previous projects, etc.). If you have none, indicate that. Experience is not required.
- List any SoTL work you have published or presented at conferences.
- Describe your idea for your LEAP-based SoTL project. Include as much information as you can to help us understand your project idea. Include your research question and any idea you have about data collection.
- Outline how you will disseminate the knowledge you gain in this program with your UNG colleagues .
- Confirm that you are available to attend the required meeting dates listed on the USG SoTL Fellows Program.
Due Date to deliver self-nomination email to Carney: Monday, October 3, 2016 at 5 p.m.
2016-2017 USG SoTL Fellow
Laura Ng, English