Transient Student Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
These requirements and instructions apply if you are enrolled at another accredited college or university, and you wish to temporarily enroll at UNG for a semester with the intent to return to your previous institution. You may not enroll in learning support courses as a transient student.
- You must be eligible to re-enroll with your home institution.
- Your home institution must be regionally accredited.
Selecting a Campus Location
Not all courses are offered on all campuses. You must ensure that the course/s you intend to take are offered on your intended campus. To do this, check the online class schedule.
We must have your completed application for admission and all supporting documents prior to the deadline. Note that it is very likely we will meet capacity BEFORE the deadline and will immediately stop accepting students. Completing your application earlier is better. Applications and documents received after the posted deadline may still be considered if capacity has not yet been met.
- Spring semester (begins in January): November 1 (All deadlines are at close of business)
- Summer semester: April 1 (All deadlines are at close of business)
- Fall Semester:
- Priority Deadline: May 1 (All deadlines are at close of business)
- If capacity has not been met deadline: July 1 (All deadlines are at close of business)
Applying to UNG
- Step 1 Application and Application Fee
- Step 2 Official Documentation
- Step 3 Verification of Lawful Presence in the U.S.
- Step 4 Application Review
Mail Documents for associate or bachelor's degree to:
University of North Georgia
Admissions Imaging Center
PO Box 1358
Gainesville, GA 30503-1358