Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Common Process FAQs for Employees

HR Personnel Requests

When to Use a PAF vs. MSS

Refer to the Decision Matrix (PDF) to see which transactions can be submitted via Personnel Action Form (PAF) and which ones should be submitted via Manager Self Service (MSS).

Personnel Action Form (PAF) Resources

Common Personnel Action Form (PAF) Actions

If an Employee is Terminated
  • If an employee resigns or is terminated, the supervisor is responsible for filling out a PAF (Login Required) either five days before their last day or immediately after employee quits without providing notice.
  • Please obtain all applicable signatures on the PAF (Login Required) before submitting to Human Resources.
*For assistance with this form, please refer to the PAF Instructions (PDF)
Midyear Salary Increase
  • If an employee is receiving a mid-year salary increase, the job change/reclassification must go through an HR review. Read the UNG PAF Midyear Adjustment Policy.
  • The PAF (Login Required) must be signed by the both the respective Vice President and by the President (or by the Senior Vice President for Business and Finance acting as the President’s designee).
  • Once the PAF (Login Required) has received both signatures, the form can then be submitted to Human Resources.
*For assistance with this form, please refer to the PAF Instructions (PDF)

MSS Tutorials

Refer to the Manager Self Service (MSS) page for more information and tutorials.

Who to Contact for Help

Human Resources

Crystal Matthews
Human Resources Department 

Reimbursement Requests

How Do I Request a Check Reimbursement?

  1. All check requests must go through the purchasing department.
  2. Complete a Check Request Form (login required) (details found in Exception List (login required)).
  3. Attach any invoices or itemized receipts you have from the purchase.
  4. Receive approval from your department head or budget manager.
  5. Submit your approved Check Request Form (login required) to the purchasing department.
  6. Once purchasing approves your request they will forward the document to accounts payable.
  7. Pick up your check at the Business Office using a photo ID.

Who to Contact for Help

Beverly Long 

If you need further assistance please contact:
Suzanne Satterfield
Accounts Payable 

 Foundation Check Requests

How Do I Request Checks From the Foundation?

  1. Ensure that your expenditure does not violate the rules listed under Policy 5.1-5.7.
  2. Complete a Foundation Check Request Form (login required). If you are requesting reimbursement for university-related entertainment, submit the University Entertainment form (PDF) with your Foundation Check Request Form (PDF).
  3. Attach original invoices and itemized receipts to Form.
  4. Send the form and attached documents.
  5. Requests received by Tuesday will be processed by the end of the week, requests received after Tuesday will be processed the following week.

Who to Contact for Help

Donna Steele


Intercampus Travel

Faculty and staff receive reimbursement for the miles they drive to travel between their home campus and another UNG campus.

Non-Intercampus Travel

Travel Authorization

  • If traveling out of state or internationally, a Travel Authorization Form (PDF; login required) must be completed and approved prior to traveling.
    • If traveling internationally, the form needs approval from your department head, the vice president, a representative of the Center for Global Engagement, and the UNG president.

Expense Statements

  • Employee must complete an expense statement (login required) that correlates to their trip (international, out of state, in state) according to the instruction provided.
  • Employees must provide original receipts and email confirmations for all expenses including airfare, hotels, meals, and gas in order to receive reimbursement, no copies should be provided in place of originals.
    • If the original receipt is lost, the employee is responsible for providing a detailed report of how the receipt was lost, details on all expenses paid for, and a copy of the credit card statement.
  • The completed expense statement needs approval from an employee’s department head or a higher administrative authority.
  • The expense statement should be submitted within ten days on the trip, but can be submitted with forty-five days of the trip with approval from the vice president.
  • If statement is submitted more than 60 days after the trip, payment will be distributed through payroll and will be subject to taxation.

Mileage Reimbursement Rates

  • Employees are encouraged to use a fleet vehicle for non-intercampus travel, but if a fleet vehicle is not available and an employee must use their personal vehicle the will receive the Tier I reimbursement.
  • If a fleet vehicle is available but the employee still chooses to use their personal vehicle they will receive the Tier II reimbursement rate. 
  • Tier I and Tier II rates are available in myUNG. (login required)

Per Diem Rates

Who to Contact for Help

Wendy Smith
Comptroller Department

Kay Barfield
Comptroller Department


How Do I Complete a Purchase Requisition?

  1. Submit an Information Technology (IT) ticket (login required) before any IT purchases are entered into ePro/Peoplesoft (GeorgiaFirstMarketplace and special requests).
  2. Once you receive IT approval, attatch it to the requisitions form.
  3. Purchasing requisitions must be completed BEFORE the purchase.
  4. If the purchase includes jump drives, thumb drives, or any media stroage device; please enter those items into a separate purchase requisition as they do not need extra approval for purchase.
  5. Electronically attach any quote or agreement to your purchase requisition.
  6. Use line detail to provide an adequate description of what your purchasing.
  7. Select the unit of measure of when you order (each, month, year, batch, lot).
  8. Provide the NIGP (category) code.
  9. Put an asset code with your purchasing requisition - Code 743200 for small value 0 purchases, and Code 843100 for capital assets. Assets are not allowed on a GeorgiaFirstMarketplace.
  10. Get your purchase requisition approved from the each of the required approvers.
  11. Submit your purchasing requisition once you’ve received approval and the purchasing department will review the request, turn it into a purchase order, and distribute to the vendor, requisitioner, and accounts payable.

Looking for Training?

Who to Contact for Help

Purchasing Department


How Do I Get Access to Banner?

  1. Complete the online FERPA tutorial.
  2. Fill out and submit Banner Application Form (PDF).
  3. Discuss with your supervisor the types and level of access your position requires.
  4. Submit completed form to the IT HelpDesk via
  5. Log in to Banner.
  6. Training for Banner will be provided through New Employee Orientations and upon request through the Registrar's Office.

Who to Contact for Help

IT Service Desk

Event Management System (EMS)

How Do I Book a Room for an Event?

  1. Log in to the Event Management System. (login required)
  2. Select "Create a Request" from the Event Request drop-down menu.
  3. Enter the date and the length of the event. The length should also include the time you need to setup and breakdown.
  4. Click on "Find Space" to select an available room for the date and times you have entered.
  5. Enter the Event Title and select the type of event it is.
  6. Enter your group information and provide the information of the person to contact regarding the event.
  7. Enter the description of the event, do not repeat the title and do not use any acronyms.
  8. Select who is invited to your event from the drop-down menus.
  9. Enter the actual event/start times if they are different from the time given in step 3.
  10. Select any other needs your event will require.
  11. Agree to the terms and conditions and submit your event for approval.

Download a a PDF with the instructions. (log in required)

Who to Contact for Help

Jeannie Nash
University Events 

If you need further assistance, please contact: 

Facilities Work Orders

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our site may have been taken before social distancing, face coverings and restricted gatherings were required.

Back to Top