University of North Georgia Military Scholarship Application Instructions
- Step 1 Apply for Admission
- Step 2 Apply for UNGMS Online
- Step 3 UNGMS Interview
- Step 4 Post-Interview Requirements
- Step 5 Award Notification and Enlistment Process
- Step 6 Reporting Requirements for Attending UNG
Apply for admission to the University of North Georgia as a Cadet.
You must submit all supporting admissions documents and be accepted as a regular, new freshman Cadet prior to 1 February.
Complete the online application questions and upload all supporting documents prior to 1 February.
All UNGMS applicants are personally responsible for uploading the following documents to their online application. Any documents received by post mail will be uploaded to your online application; however, the applicant must verify that the document has been received prior to 1 February.
- Georgia Legislator Nomination
- Letter of Recommendation from a High School Official
- Full Length Photograph
- High School Transcript with cumulative GPA listed
- Photocopy of valid Georgia Driver’s License, state-issued ID card, or both sides of Permanent Resident card
Additional information for submitting the documents listed above can be found on the Online UNGMS Application webpage. Please email UNGMS@ung.edu with any questions or concerns.
Wait to be contacted by email to schedule your interview with CPT Josh Patterson once you have been accepted for admission to UNG and completed your online UNGMS application.
Interviews will be conducted on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 11 a.m. in the Cadet Admissions Conference Room, located on the third floor of the Chestatee Building. For directions, please access the Dahlonega Campus map.
After your individual interview has been conducted, you will be introduced to the UNG On-Campus National Guard Recruiter, SSG Andrew Franklin.
Interview Dress Attire: It is highly recommended that UNGMS applicants dress business professional or in uniform, if applicable.
If you would like to also receive a Cadet Admissions Briefing and Campus Tour on the day of your interview, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Qualified UNGMS applicants must initiate the enlistment process with UNG’s on-campus recruiter, SSG Andrew Franklin for situational awareness. SSG Franklin will provide general information about enlisting into the Georgia Army National Guard (GAARNG). You may contact him at email@example.com or call 706-410-0361.
UNGMS Board Members will score each applicant based off of established criteria and establish the UNGMS Order of Merit List. The top 42 eligible candidates will be selected and the remaining applicants will be placed on a waitlist.
April 15: All 42 scholarships will be awarded to the most eligible UNGMS applicants no later than this deadline. Official award packets will be sent by post mail to the selected recipients.
- The remaining eligible UNGMS applicants will be waitlisted in order of merit for any dropped scholarships from the original 42 selected recipients.
May 1: UNGMS agreement forms must be received by Cadet Admissions no later than this date. Please make a copy of the agreement letter for your records and to upload to your online UNGMS record. Please mail the original, signed agreement letter once you have uploaded the PDF version online.
- UNGMS recipients must start the enlistment process once accepting the scholarship in order to be sworn into the Georgia Army National Guard prior to the August 1 deadline.
- Please contact UNG’s on-campus guard recruiter, SSG Andrew Franklin, for assistance in joining the Georgia Army National Guard (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Scholarship recipients must go to Military Enlistment Processing Station (MEPS) and complete the enlistment process by July 1. You must notify UNGMS@ung.edu of your swear-in date and of any issues that may prevent you from being able to enlist once you attend MEPS.
- UNGMS awardees will be expected to enroll at UNG in the fall and attend training that following spring and summer semester. Do not select an MOS that will extend past the start date of the following fall semester.
- Awardees must email email@example.com with their official training dates once scheduled and no later than July 1.
Note: UNGMS awardees must attend UNG at least one semester of the academic year awarded the scholarship. Awardees who schedule military training that conflicts with this requirement are subject to lose their award.