Experience a day in the life of a Cadet at the University of North Georgia!
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to experience the Corps of Cadets first-hand by participating in the activities of the day on our Dahlonega campus.
What would my visit be like?
Reporting to the staff duty officer in Gaillard Hall in the Military Village on campus between 5:30 and 6:00 p.m., you will be met by a Cadet who will serve as your host.
You will then go to the dining facility to eat supper. After supper, you will observe and participate in various activities until lights out. You will sleep in a Cadet room.
Waking up early, you will conduct personal hygiene, and participate in physical fitness training, room inspection, or training with your Cadet host. Afterward, it will be time to clean up, get dressed for classes, and eat breakfast in the dining facility. Then you will attend classes with your host.
At 11:00 a.m. you will go to the Cadet Admissions Office, located on the third floor of the Chestatee Building (#122 on the campus map), where you will receive information on the programs and opportunities available at UNG that fit your goals for college. You will also learn about the various scholarship and financial aid options available. Your parents may join you for this session.*
*Note: If you have already been to UNG for a personal visit and tour with Cadet Admissions, you will not receive a presentation. However, we will answer any questions you may have.
After lunch, you will pick up your belongings from your dorm room, and then you're free to go home.
There are currently no available overnight dates for Spring semester. Please check our website for updates in July.
Does this cost anything?
The fee for attending an overnight visit is only $30. This includes your meals, accommodations, and activities.
Take the next step by following the Application Instructions below.
Please contact Madison Bips at Madison.Bips@ung.edu or call 706-867-2804.
- Step 1 Eligibility Requirements
- Step 2 Confirm Availability
- Step 3 Application and Release Forms
- Step 4 Packing List and Instructions
- Step 5 Emergency Contact Number
- Step 6 Mailing Instructions
- You must be a high school junior or senior on a college-preparatory curriculum.
- You must have at least an 80 numerical grade point average or a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Seniors (not juniors) must have 480 or above critical reading score and a 440 math score on the SAT; or 20 english, 18 math, and 20 composite ACT. Applications will not be accepted if GPA and/or SAT/ACT scores are not indicated. Special consideration will be given for seniors who have not taken, but are scheduled to take, the SAT or ACT in the fall.
- Applications for juniors will be considered with or without an SAT or ACT score.
- You must be at least 16 years old.
- You must be in good physical condition (as you may participate in physical fitness training)
NOTE: Current college students who are looking to transfer to UNG can attend Cadet Overnight Visitation Experience. They must have applied to UNG before they can attend.
We can only accommodate one Cadet per visit day.
Please call the Cadet Admissions Office at 706-867-2804 to confirm date availability before submitting your application.
Complete the application and release forms.
If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must sign the medical release, waiver of liability and media release forms in the application. If you're 18 or older, you may sign these sections yourself.
Write down the emergency contact number you can use to contact the supervising cadre at:
Mail in the $30 application fee and the application to:
University of North Georgia
Cadet Admissions Office
82 College Circle
Dahlonega, GA 30597