Back to Top
Skip to Site Search Skip to Utility Nav Skip to Top Nav Skip to Left Nav Skip to Content
Close Main Menu

Cadet Admissions Frequently Asked Questions

How do I schedule a campus tour?

Learn about the programs and opportunities available for Cadets at UNG and tour the campus: Call 888-413-9366 to set up a personalized tour today!

What academic credit do I get for my IB or AP courses?

You can receive up to 45 hours of academic credit by examination for bachelor's degree applicants of which up to 24 hours of IB credit may be awarded, and up to 30 hours for associate degree applicants. You will not receive a letter grade with the academic college credit. To illustrate, if you take AP Calculus AB and score a 3 or higher on the AP exam, you will be awarded credit for UNG MATH 1450. The grade you receive in your AP course will not be reflected on your college transcript, but what will be indicated is credit for MATH 1450.

See the courses and exam scores for which we award academic credit.

What are the UNG FICE, SAT, ACT, and TOEFL codes?

FICE Code: 001585

SAT Code: 5497

ACT Code: 0848

TOEFL Code: 5497

How do I submit my SAT or ACT Scores?

Note: At this time, the University of North Georgia will not superscore current and redesigned SAT test scores due to variation in design and content.  

You may request the College Board to send your SAT scores to account #5497, or your ACT scores to account #0848, regardless of which campus you want to attend. Results must arrive directly from the testing agency either electronically, or in a sealed envelope to our mailing address:

University of North Georgia
Admissions Imaging Center
P.O. Box 1358
Gainesville, GA 30503

What is Lawful Presence Verification?

To qualify for in-state tuition, you are required to provide verification of your lawful presence in the United States. 

I’m an out-of-state student. Can I get an out-of-state tuition waiver?

All out-of-state cadets, upon acceptance, will receive the Cadet Grant. The Cadet Grant allows you to pay tuition and fees at the in-state rate.

Where can I find information about my application status?

What scholarships are available for cadets?

Please visit these pages to learn more about the Costs of Attendance and Scholarships available.

What degrees are offered at UNG?

All Bachelor Degrees, Pre-Professional Programs and Graduate Degrees on the Dahlonega campus can be found here: Degrees & Programs

What summer academic programs are available for high school students?

We currently offer a Summer Language Institute. These highly competitive and low-cost summer institutes are for Georgia high school students who will be juniors or seniors in the fall. Students reside in the most modern and beautiful residence hall on the Dahlonega campus for the duration of the programs, and will earn both college and high school academic credit by Dual-Enrolling for the summer semester. The Language Institute is for students interested in careers where understanding a strategic language and culture is critical: federal government agencies such as the FBI, CIA, Department of State; non-governmental agencies; international business, and much more.

What’s the Summer Language Institute?

The Summer Language Institute (SLI) is for new and continuing students who wish to learn a foreign language. The SLI is academically challenging, fun, and thoroughly rewarding. You will earn 8 academic credit hours and complete the foreign language required for most bachelor's degrees (some degrees require one or two additional semesters). The Summer Language Institutes are carefully tailored language programs of study in Arabic, Chinese, Korean, or Russian. Activities are engaging, challenging, and fun with emphasis on learning the language through substantial interaction between students and native-speaking faculty and assistants. In addition to classroom instruction, you will enjoy co-curricular activities in the language. Because of their accelerated and intensive nature, the Summer Institutes are residential programs, and as such, you must live on campus for the duration of the program. SLI students will live in the North Georgia Suites. Students must not be registered for any other courses and must not have any other commitments outside of the summer language institute.

Cadets are also eligible for the Project GO Scholarship. For more information click here: Project GO Scholarship

Can I participate in the National Guard or Army Reserves as a Cadet?

You can be a full-time student at the UNG, participate in the Corps of Cadets, take Army ROTC courses, and be a soldier in the Georgia Army National Guard or Army Reserves all at the same time! 

Is there a military service obligation when I graduate?

While UNG is a Senior Military College and cadets are immersed in a fulltime Army ROTC Program, you are not required to serve in the military upon graduation. Cadets participating in the Corps of Cadets have two options:

1. Commissioning: Upon completion of a bachelor degree program and all required cadet training, you can receive a commission as a Second Lieutenant in the U.S. Army.

2. Non-commissioning: Complete 4 years at one of the finest leadership institutions in the nation. You will learn and develop skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, intercultural skills, clear communication, and much more. Government Agencies and civilian employers look for these qualities in potential employees. You also have an opportunity to earn a minor in Leadership in addition to any bachelor program you complete.

UNG follows Section 508 Standards and WCAG 2.0 for web accessibility. If you require the content on this web page in another format, please contact the ADA Coordinator.
Please note that some of the images and videos on our site may have been taken before social distancing, face coverings and restricted gatherings were required.
Use of military-themed imagery does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Department of Defense.

Back to Top