Transfer Student Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
You can apply as a transfer student if....
- you have graduated from high school or have a GED and have taken a college course after high school that transfers to UNG; AND
- you have not already earned a bachelor's degree OR you are pursuing a second bachelor's degree.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
If you are an ECP lieutenant, please see the instructions for ECP Lieutenants.
- If you have less than 30 transferable semester hours of college credit complete, and you graduated high school less than five years from the start of your intended semester of enrollment, then you must also meet the new Cadet freshman admissions requirements.
- If you graduated high school more than five years from the start of your intended semester of enrollment and you have fewer than 30 semester hours of transferable college coursework, you should refer to the Non-Traditional Student requirements.
- If you have less than a 3.0 transferable GPA, you must have completed:
- A course equivalent to our ENGL 1101 (English Composition I) with a grade of "C" or better.
- A course equivalent to our MATH 1101 (Intro to Mathematical Models), MATH 1111 (College Algebra), MATH 1113 (Pre-calculus) or MATH 2450 (Calculus I).
- If you have taken the equivalent of any of the University of North Georgia’s learning support courses at another institution, you must complete 30 semester hours of transferable credit beyond all learning support courses.
- Be in good academic standing and eligible to return to your former college.
- Have a clear disciplinary, conduct and background record.
Applying to UNG
- Step 1 Application and Application Fee
- Step 2 Official Transcripts
- Step 3 Additional Requirements
- Step 4 Verification of Lawful Presence in the U.S.
- Step 5 Application Review
Send documents to:
82 College Circle
Dahlonega, GA 30597
Some bachelor's degree programs have additional requirements that you must complete before you can enroll in that major. Examples include Teacher Education, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Nursing. Please contact the academic department of your desired major to determine whether there are additional requirements. Admission to UNG doesn't guarantee you admission to a specific major.
Transfer Course Credit
Transfer credit is usually awarded for courses that are designed to be part of an associate or bachelor's degree program and are completed with satisfactory grades in regionally accredited colleges. Such courses must generally correspond to the length, time and content of those offered in the curricula at the University of North Georgia.
For questions regarding whether transfer credit will be accepted, please refer to our course transfer equivalencies web page. Please note that this is not a complete list because it only includes courses that have transferred to the University of North Georgia in the past. If you still have questions after reviewing this page, please contact one of the admissions offices in the section below.
Note that you are required to earn a grade of "C" or better in English 1101 and 1102 (or equivalents) in order for these courses to transfer. Other courses earned at accredited institutions may transfer with grades of "D", to the extent that the grades on all credits accepted for transfer average at least 2.0. All "D" grades in core curriculum courses taken within the University System of Georgia are transferable, with the exception of English 1101 and 1102.