New Freshman Admission Requirements and Application Procedures
Requirements for All New Freshman Applicants
- 17 or older before the start of Cadet basic training (FROG Week)
- Must be a graduate from an accredited high school. See list of approved accrediting organizations in notes section below.
- Students graduating from a non-accredited home school or high school program, please apply as a non-accredited home school applicant.
- Have a clear disciplinary, conduct and background record.
- Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee acceptance.
Admission to a bachelor's degree program is selective, and meeting minimum scores does not necessarily guarantee acceptance.
Calculating Freshman Index (FI)
If you are calculating your Freshman Index with new, redesigned SAT scores, you must convert the new scores to the old SAT equivalents. You may access Collegeboard's SAT converter by click here.
- SAT FI = (High school GPA x 500) + SAT critical reading + SAT math
- ACT FI = (High school GPA x 500) + (ACT composite score x 42) + 88
Note: The only high school courses that will be considered when calculating GPA are the Required High School Curriculum courses.
Each fall semester, the minimum freshman index (FI) requirement for Cadet Admissions is determined by the applicant pool. The average FI for Fall 2016 was 2782.
Required High School Curriculum
Applying to UNG
- Step 1 Application and Application Fee
- Step 2 Official Transcripts
- Step 3 Official Entrance Test Scores
- Step 4 Verification of Lawful Presence in the U.S.
- Step 5 Application Review
Send documents to:
82 College Circle
Dahlonega, GA 30597
Some bachelor's degree programs have additional requirements that you must complete before you can enroll in that major. Examples include Teacher Education, Athletic Training, Exercise Science, and Nursing. Please contact the academic department of your desired major to determine whether there are additional requirements. Admission to UNG doesn't guarantee you admission to a specific major.
Home-school programs accredited or approved by the following are acceptable:
- Accrediting Commission for Independent Study
- Association of Christian Schools International
- Georgia Accrediting Commission
- Georgia Association of Christian Schools
- Georgia Private School Accrediting Commission
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- New England Association of Schools and Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges and Schools
- Northwest Accreditation Commission Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges
2. Learn more about Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) credits granted by UNG.