Service Rifle and Pistol Program
This program began in the Fall of 2003 with a generous contribution from the McClure family of Columbus, GA. SFC Paul Johnson founded the team as directed by the former Professor of Military Science, COL Billy Wells.
The college is within 30 miles of River Bend Gun Club in Dawsonville, GA. It is one of the most comprehensive, privately owned shooting complexes in the country. Their high-power range enables the team to shoot sanctioned service rifle matches out to 600 yards.
We are one of only two collegiate service rifle teams in the country and are outfitted with some of the best shooting equipment that money can buy:
- Rock River Arms National Match AR-15’s
- Engagement Skills Trainer (EST 2000) loaded with the most up to date software and CGI for safe and realistic rifle marksmanship training
- DPMS .22 match practice upper receivers
- Indoor shooting facility, built to accommodate training with everything from air rifles to pistol cartridges
- Kowa 25 power spotter scopes with First Strike scope stands
- First Strike deluxe shooting carts
- Creedmore nylon shooting jackets
- Training and technical support from the Army Marksmanship Unit stationed at Ft. Benning, GA