UNG consistently earns national recognition for providing a high-quality, affordable education.
- Ranked No. 85 on Kiplinger's list of "Best College Values, 2017."
- Ranked 25th among public universities in the South in the 2015 Edition of Best Colleges by U.S. News & World Report. Also ranked as the best public regional university in the South for the least amount of debt load for the class of 2013.
- No. 1 on Kiplinger's 100 best value list for lowest student debt at graduation.
- Money Magazine's top 5 public universities in Georgia in 2014 for educational quality, affordability and career outcomes.
- Carnegie Basic Classification of Master's Colleges and Universities (larger programs).
- Ranked safest college in GA in the 2015 Niche Rankings.
- UNG Named one of the nation's top colleges by 2016 edition of Forbes best colleges.
UNG gets you started on the right path.
- The Office of Career Services can help you decide on a major and assist you in the job search, including bringing potential employers on campus through job fairs and recruiting visits.
- With more than 50 bachelor's degree programs, a wide variety of associate pathways and more than a dozen graduate degree programs , you can find a program to fit your interests, skills and goals.
- Start in an associate degree program and transfer internally to a bachelor's degree program. The more education you get, the more you will earn in your lifetime.
- Intern with companies or organizations in the U.S. and abroad in areas related to your career interests.
- Join the Corps of Cadets and commission as an Army officer after you graduate. UNG is designated as The Military College of Georgia.
UNG helps you discover and develop your leadership potential.
- Develop your leadership skills through academic opportunities like a leadership minor. UNG is designated as a state leadership institution.
- Participate or take a leadership role in extracurricular activities like Greek life, clubs, student organizations, student government, and more.
- Volunteer through service-learning activities and projects. UNG is a Carnegie Community Engaged institution.
UNG offers opportunities to participate in sports and support our NCAA Nighthawks.
- More than a dozen UNG Nighthawk teams compete in the NCAA Division II Peach Belt Conference in baseball, softball, basketball, shooting sports, golf, soccer, tennis and cross country.
- Take part in intramural and intercollegiate sports or club sports.
UNG will push you to excel and maximize your potential.
- Apply for the Honors Program and upon completion have "Honors Program Graduate" added to your transcript.
- Study abroad programs are offered in dozens of countries.
- Conduct research through the Center for Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities
- UNG's academic programs are affiliated with dozens of honor societies.
- Continue your education by pursuing a graduate degree at UNG after you complete your bachelor's degree.
- UNG offers study in 10 foreign languages and cultures, including Arabic, Chinese, Korean, and Russian.
UNG is committed to student success.
- Tutoring services in a variety of subjects are offered free to students
- Before enrolling in a college course, polish your academic skills through learning support courses.
- Supplemental instruction in historically difficult courses can help you better understand course material.
- English as a second language courses are available.